National CineMedia (NCM) is America’s Movie Network. As the #1 Millennial weekend network in the U.S., NCM is the connector between brands and movie audiences. According to Nielsen, more than 750 million moviegoers annually attend theaters that are currently under contract to present NCM’s pre-show in over 45 leading national and regional theater circuits including AMC Entertainment Inc. (NYSE:AMC), Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CNK) and Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC). NCM’s cinema advertising network offers broad reach and unparalleled audience engagement with over 20,500 screens in over 1,600 theaters in 189 Designated Market Areas® (all of the top 50). NCM Digital goes beyond the big screen, extending in-theater campaigns into online and mobile marketing programs to reach entertainment audiences.
Cinema Pre-Show Program
NCM’s pre-show showcases entertainment content from ABC Networks, Amazon, Disney, Google, Hulu, Nintendo, NBC, Toyota, Turner Broadcasting System, and more, along with national, regional and local advertising.
- Average unduplicated weekly audience represents a Nielsen rating of 8.4 for Adults 18-49 and a 10.5 cume for Millennials (Adults 18-34), making NCM's pre-show one of the top 10 primetime shows in the U.S. every week.
- Ends approximately at the advertised movie show time (when the film trailers begin.
- Multiple versions presented every month, targeted by film rating.
The NCM Network
- Over 1,600 theaters
- Over 20,500 movie screens
- Over 8,700 3-D movie screens in nearly 1,500 theaters
- 3 million+ seats
- Reaches over 700 million moviegoers annually according to Nielsen
- All of the top 50 U.S. markets
- 189 U.S. Designated Market Areas®
- 48 states and the District of Columbia
- Over 3,000 Lobby Entertainment Network (LEN) screens in over 1,500 theaters
- NCM Founding Member Theater Circuits: AMC Entertainment Inc., Cinemark Holdings, Inc. and Regal Entertainment Group.
- NCM Affiliate Theater Circuits include: Atrium Stadium Cinemas, select B&B Theatres, Bow Tie Cinemas, Cinergy Entertainment Group, Inc., Cinetopia, Cobb Theatres, Coming Attractions Theatres, Inc., Fairchild Cinemas, Far Away Entertainment, Fox Theatres, Galaxy Theatres, LLC, Georgia Theatre Company, Goodrich Quality Theaters, High Sierra Theatres, Kerasotes ICON Theatres, King Theatres, L.A. LIVE, Celebration! Cinemas/Loeks, Main Street Theatre, Marquee Cinemas, MCIC / Linway Cinema, Megaplex Theatres, Metropolitan Theatres, MJR Digital Cinemas, Moviehouse & Eatery, Odyssey Entertainment, Inc., O’Neil Cinemas, Picture Show Theatres, R/C Theatres, Rosecrest Entertainment, Santikos Theatres, ShowBiz Cinemas, LLC, Sonora Entertainment Group/Cinema Latino, Southeast Cinemas, Star Cinema Grill, Texas Cinemas, United Entertainment Corp., VSS-Southern Theatres/Movie Tavern, Warren Theatres, WME Theatres, WPA / Goldenstar Theatres and Xscape Theatres/Alliance Management.
Beyond the Big Screen
- NCM Hollywood Studio Promotions — Entertainment marketing partnerships with studios including Disney, Fox, Lionsgate, Sony, Universal, and Warner Bros.
- Entertainment Marketing — Exclusive relationships with The Oscars®, Twitter, Entertainment Weekly, and the GRAMMY Awards®.
- Lobby Promotions — Box office handouts, exit sampling, concessions, signage, lobby displays, tabling and product demonstrations, interactive kiosks, and more.
- Lobby Entertainment Network (LEN) — Over 3,000 screens in over 1,500 movie theater lobbies.
- Cinema Accelerator — Cinema Accelerator expands cinema advertising beyond the theater environment to reach digitally connected moviegoers before and after the movie experience, both online and on mobile devices. Cinema Accelerator identifies moviegoers through exclusive first party data sources including geo-location services, beacons and transactional data for the theaters in our network. Using the moviegoer as a filter, brands can target specific demographics, genres and more to reach those moviegoers through multiple digital channels wherever they may be seeking entertainment information and content.
Data and Targeting
- Cinema Audience Targeting Optimizer (CATO) — Allows advertisers to go beyond targeting by MPAA rating (G/PG, PG13 and R) to build media schedules at the film and genre level.
- Data Management Platform (DMP) — NCM’s Nielsen Marketing Cloud Data Management Platform (DMP) houses thousands of first-, second- and third-party consumer data sets, including rich moviegoer data derived from loyalty programs, mobile panels, beacon networks and credit card purchases. The first of its kind in the cinema industry, the DMP offers transaction-based insights, better targeted campaigns, and closed-loop ROI.
- Andrew J. England — Chief Executive Officer and Director
- Clifford E. Marks — President
- Katie Scherping – Chief Financial Officer
- Scott Felenstein – Executive Vice President & Chief Revenue Officer
- Ralph E. Hardy — Executive Vice President & General Counsel
- Geri House — Executive Vice President, People & Organization
- Lawrence Snapp — Senior Vice President of Corporate Development & Chief Digital Officer
- Chuck Fredrick — Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer
- Adam Johnson — Senior Vice President, Operations & Planning
9110 E. Nichols Avenue
Centennial, CO 80112
National Sales Offices
- New York, NY
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Additional local/regional representatives throughout the U.S.
NCM on the Web
National CineMedia, Inc. (NASDAQ:NCMI) owns a 39.3% interest in, and is the managing member of, National CineMedia, LLC.
PDF Fact Sheets